Quirky and unique art prints created from
beautiful watercolour paintings.
Quirky and unique art prints created from beautiful watercolour paintings.
Meet Debbie Lakin...
I’m Debbie, 42 years old living in Staffordshire with my husband and a bonkers seven year old. I set up my small business Lookwhatdebbiedid in 2018 and I genuinely love it.
I fell into this completely by mistake, and although its a bit of long story here’s the shortened version. It all went a bit like this!
Left Uni at 21 with a 3D interior architecture degree, worked as a commercial interior designer for 19 years. Loved it, but generally lived life stressed, got married, became pregnant. Tried juggling a 2 year old and a hectic, competitive career. Epic fail…ended up sad, stressed and not myself at all. Went to my village painting classes to mentally escape….fell in love with painting. Sold a painting! Then another…then got brave…said goodbye to Interior design…and hello to a new career.
And although it wasn’t quite so simple in reality…..here I find myself!
I paint in watercolours and am aware this can seem quite old fashioned and stuffy but I just don’t see it that way. My paintings are fun and a bit quirky. I paint what I would like to buy. Art can be seen as elitist but I really think it should be changeable and accessible. My thinking is someone can buy three of my prints and then three years later when they redecorate they can change them, trends change, people change and I think my art has to change too. So about four to six times a year I upload new paintings.
I’ve never been very good at being told you can’t….there is always a way and I feel very lucky to do what I do everyday. Its never too late to change what you’re doing and you’re definitely never too old.
No articles yet.
No how to’s yet.
No events yet.
All orders are sent via Royal Mail unless stated otherwise. Please allow up to 3-5 working days for delivery to mainland UK addresses.
For orders placed for delivery to Ireland, the Highlands and EU, please allow up to 7-10 working days.
1. A signature will be required on receipt, if unable to do so, may cause a delay in delivering the item.
2. Not every product is available for the rest of the world – please check availability with each Product Partner.
The terms in place between us and our Partners make it clear that no product should be uploaded to the site or offered for sale or supply if it’s unlawful in any way. This includes a requirement that all items meet relevant standards in respect of their manufacture and are fairly sold.
We pride ourselves on being able to provide customers with full, complete and accurate product descriptions so that they can make informed decisions about whether or not to buy something. If the description didn’t live up to your expectations, or you felt it was misleading in any way please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward this to the relevant Seller
Last updated 9th April 2020
- If your order hasn’t been accepted or dispatched just yet, the best thing to do is contact the Partner – the small business that made or sourced your order – to let them know that you wish to cancel the order. You can do that here
- If you have already received the order, package the item up and send it back to the Partner within 14 days of letting them know that you want to return the product (we recommend you use a signed-for delivery service with proof of postage). Please note that you’ll have to bear the direct cost of returning the product.
Please make sure to confirm the address where the package needs to be returned to with the Partner.
As the Partner’s payment agent, we’ll process the refund directly to your payment card, in no more than:
- 14 days after the day the product is received by the Partner; or
- if earlier, 14 days after the date you provide evidence that you have returned the product to the seller; or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which you informed the seller or us about your decision to cancel your order.
Please don’t destroy or throw away any product and where relevant the external packaging, even if it’s faulty, before you’ve spoken to the Partner and agreed that doing so won’t affect any refund you may be entitled to.
You’re liable for any diminished value of the product resulting from the handling of the product in any way other than what’s necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the product while you’re responsible for it (this includes, in the context of a return, when the product is in transit back to the Partner).
Last updated 9th April 2020